Tuesday, September 18, 2018

eBay's jaundiced feedback policy


Just had a go with a seller on eBay.

Bought a cheap second hand laptop to replace mine of the same make and model. The seller has a no returns policy but specified his item worked 100%.

When I got the item, the latch that keeps the laptop closed, was broken. I took the corresponding part from my existing laptop, of the same make and model, re-worked the part, and made a rough fit that works.

I emailed the seller and his response was to ask what I wanted to do. That was the third sign of a bad deal. I asked for a partial refund and the seller complained to eBay of extortion. My negative feedback was removed. I responded to his last message with a full and detailed account of what was wrong with the item. The idea was that eBay would read the message, and alter their position.

The seller has said nothing about a return or refund. I'm going to begin a request for a return.
eBay's moneyback guarantee may work, whether or not the seller does the right thing.

There is no shortage of fraud and other problems on eBay. I think their's is an atitude of apathy and uninvolvment.

I have a right to expect the seller to accept a return. I believe he might. I'll get back with the results.

Oh, by the way, the seller had installed Windows 7 Pro  on the computer when the computer was only authorized for Windows Business Premium. That installation, common as it may be, is illegal.
The seller did not display an image of the item I received, but one very similar, and with a working latch loop.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home