Thursday, April 9, 2020

Pizza kit now and 50 years ago.


I bought a pizza 'kit' at the grocery store. My family had bought one when I was young and we prepared the pizza together. Same company and same, or so I thought, kit.

The original kit included everything to make two pizzas and cost about two-fifty.
The kit purchased last week contained two bags dough powder and one can sauce 'with pepperoni.'
After you pay for cheese and real pepperoni and some spices, you'll have paid for the equivalent of a retail pizza.
Go with the retail. The well known inexpensive thin crust is bound to be better. Remember, no spices in the box. Any spices would have to be in the sauce, hence not fresh, but stale tasting.
May be great for college students on a tight budget.
This is another discovery of the inferior quality of contemporary product compared to the '60's and the past in general.

I mentioned a pair of Levi jeans previously. I may not have mentioned they were an anniversary model designed to duplicate the original over a hundred years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home