Friday, May 31, 2019

My post-operative diet

I recently had a fondoplasty w/mesh.
That was an action to repair a hiatal hernia in me esophogus.
The hernia was a result of developing GERD, gastro-esophogeal reflux disorder.
After the surgery, there is a rigorous diet imposed to let the body heal without further injury to the esophagus.

The firat two weeks after surgery are a liquid diet. What do you consume duting a liquid diet?
I decided on
first two or three days:
broth
vegetable and fruit juices
in the ltter part of the first week I added:
jello
puddng

in the second week I added
a baked potato with butter or sour cream, well chewed
some steak with buttered roll ( would you believe the doctor had to tell me that? ), again, well chewed.

The diet gets more liberal with time, in week three, I nay add a light sandwich, well chewed.
Chewing well almost purees the food.

A point well worth noting: I lost 4-5 pounds weight in the first week and another 4-5 pounds in the second week.

I decided to keep up the diet until I lose another 10-20 pounds. At the current rate, I'll be back at my usual weight n about a month. If I don't starve first. If I can remove the major elements causing weight gain and increase my physical activity, I'll lose weight more quickly and permanently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home